Get Tax Help
File a free federal and state return if your income in 2020 was $72,000 or less.
Do you have questions as you’re doing your return?
Certified Tax Coaches Can Help
Contact by Email: email@example.com
Assistors will be answering questions from 2/2/21 to 4/15/21, Mon thru Friday 9am to 4pm.
Get a response within 24 hours on working days.
First: Validate Your Identity
To e-file your 2020 tax return, you must verify your identity with your Adjusted Gross Income from your 2019 tax return.
Next: Make an account in OLT OnLine Taxes
OLT OnLine Taxes is the IRS approved free file tax filing service.
- Easy Q&A guidance to fill out the 1040 form
- No age restrictions
- e-file service for federal and Oklahoma returns
- Form 1040NR (non-resident)
- View and print tax returns
More on Taxes, Filing & Tracking Returns
You May Qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit
You may have extra money waiting for you with the Earned Income Tax Credit. The EITC is a benefit for working people with low to moderate income.
If you qualify, you could pay less federal tax or even get money back. The EITC is a boost to help pay your bills or save for a rainy day.
Great news, Friends!
The Jay C. Byers Memorial Library has been awarded the Digital Inclusion Grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Oklahoma Department of Libraries. The Digital Inclusion Grant will help the library expand access to digital services for the community. With the grant, the library has purchased ten mobile hotspots for circulation.
Here’s what you need to know:
* Only one per household.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Checkout is for 1 week with no renewals.
* Late fees are $1.00 per day.
* Must be returned inside the library, not in the drop-box.
Thank you to the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Oklahoma Department of Libraries for this opportunity! (This activity is supported by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and the Oklahoma Department of Libraries. The opinions and content of activities and materials do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the Oklahoma Department of Libraries or IMLS, and no official endorsement should be inferred.)
During this time the library will be open but with restrictions. We are still here, ready to help you whether it’s in person, over the phone or online. Here are some of the ways we can help.
-We can do curbside checkouts for those over 65 or who are vulnerable. Just call us at 918-358-2676 or reserve online to let us know which books you want. We’ll check them out and bring them out to your car. Call when you get in the parking lot.
-You can return your books at any time in the drop box in front of the library.
-There are free books available at the Friendly Book Browser, across the parking lot from the library. There is a shelf on the porch.
-You can check out books online through Oklahoma Virtual Library and Overdrive. Visit our ebook page for more information.
-If you do not have an account with us, you can now create one online and be able to check out ebooks. To check out physical books, you will need to come in to the library and finish the registration process. You will need to bring proof of residency.
-We have free wifi 24/7 that will reach the parking lot. Just accept the disclaimer and you’re ready to go. If you are out of your car, please follow CDC guidelines for social distancing and group number.
-If you need something printed, email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Black & white copies are .10 per page and color copies are .50 per page. If you have questions, please give us a call. 918-358-2676
-School food pick-up: you can come by on Mondays from 11:15 – 11:45.
As always, if you have any questions or need any help, feel free to come in to the library, explore the website, contact us on Facebook, or call us at 918-358-2676.
Here’s what’s happening this month….
- Crafting & Coffee – Monday mornings at 10:30.
- Preschool Storytime – Thursday mornings at 10:30.
- Adult Education Classes – Saturday from 9:30 – 12:00 or 12:00 – 2:30.
- LEGO Club – Wednesday, February 12th & 26th from 4:00 – 5:30.
- Page-Turner Book Club – Tuesday, February 18th at 6:30.
- Tax prep with Crystal Kirkham on Fridays – call for an appointment, 918-762-3041 ext. 116.
Reminder: If Cleveland Public Schools are closed for bad weather, the library will also be closed.
Join us this month for:
- Coloring & Coffee on Monday mornings at 10:30.
- Preschool Storytime on Thursday mornings at 10:30.
- Page Turner Book Club on Tuesday, October 22nd at 6:30. We are reading Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.
- LEGO Club on Wednesday, October 23rd from 4:00 – 5:30.
- Adult Education Classes on Saturday from 9:30 – 12:00 or 12:30 – 3:00.
We will be closing early on Halloween. Our hours will be 9:30 – 5:00.
The library is partnering with the schools this summer to provide FREE lunches to children 18 and under. We will be serving lunch from 11:00-12:00 Monday-Thursday, May 20 – July 3. We are excited to participate in this program and also help our community!